May We Unfold, May We Become!
If you were asked to sincerely describe the year 2019, what would be your response? Mine would be that the year came fully prepared- I was blessed beyond measures and experienced life lessons as well.
Looking back, I am grateful for all the moments, the hearty smiles and the late night tears, the networks and the breakups, the peace and the distractions but what really counts for me is the fact that I discovered myself all the more.
2019 made me realise that there is nothing more empowering than knowing the values you stand for (Your values are best revealed when the chips are down). One may not always be right but what matters is the resilience in your commitment to being a better version of yourself at all times.
At the beginning of the year, most people made resolutions that didn’t make it through the end of January and may feel unhappy about how life turned out for them. This is not unusual, trust me. The setbacks are integral parts of the process and the experiences gained are valid hence, there should be no regrets. I have learned to be intentional about setting/achieving goals because some goals may be met while some may never see light but in all #WeMove.
As we prepare for the new year, the genesis of a new decade, it is important we improve on ourselves by all means. I have come up with few tips that may serve as a guide on our journey to achieving self development. They include:
- If you believe in God, do so in sincerity and faithfulness
- You have been uniquely created, let the world feel your impact
- Be present
- Learn, Re-learn and Unlearn
- Not everyone deserves to have an influence over your life, screen your close circle
- Being realistic may be seen as odd, be unapologetic about it anyway
- If you are single, while praying for the partner with the right checks, work on being the right partner as well
- Pride kills!!!
- Never look down on yourself, you can do so much if only you believe and start the work
- Be happy, be genuinely happy for the next person’s success, it doesn’t dim yours in anyway
- Open your heart to receive corrections, you become better by so doing
- We all have different paths to thrive, do you
- Family is everything
- Be hopeful and give hope as well
I wish these tips would inspire you greatly. You are light and your duty is to shine.
Thank you immensely for being a part of my journey this 2019. I hope to have more engagements with you on this platform. Wishing you the best in the coming year.
Just like my friend Tawakalit Kareem would say, may you unfold and may you become in 2020.
Till next year,
Don’t forget you are unstoppable!
With Love From,